Thursday, January 7, 2016

To Fill The Farm.....

This morning while i was out doing chores...I looked around at the animals we have here on the farm and I had to chuckle as I thought how much easier chores are this month. 

Four years ago my chores consisted of  2 bunnies, 12 chickens and 4 goats! My chores now consist of 4 horses, 2 goats, 20 chickens, 7 ducks, 2 cows, 1 dog, 2 guinea pigs and 1 hamster! We recently sent our two pigs for processing and at Thanksgiving we processed our 24 turkeys and that is what had me thinking how much easier my mornings start. 

Then I sat in the horse pasture and reminisced on how we came to acquire each of our farm residents.....where it all started and how they ended up here! So I figured this would be a great way to introduce those of you who have yet to meet them.

Captain

Copper

Commander, aka Riley

Harry

Nutmeg

Cinnamon

Roxie & Matilda

Stormie

Periwinkle

Patrick & Ralph

Ducks & Chickens

Seuss & Ester

Thanksgiving Turkeys


In the Spring; we will add more baby chicks, turkeys and piglets......










No comments:

Post a Comment