Friday, July 31, 2009

Beauty That Moves.....Me!








I promised I would tell you all about these beautiful little pouches I purchased at the market a few Sunday's ago, well here it is! I read in our weekly newsletter that Heather from "Beauty That Moves" would have these budget pouches available for our "Frugal Frolic Market". I absolutely love the beautiful items Heather creates. They are perfectly stitched, with perfectly sown zippers upon perfectly chosen fabrics! These are crafted in a way I could only dream of being able to do. They are exquisite, everything that she makes is. I would love to start a collection one of each please! I feel in love with the fabric and I just had to get them, even if I didn't use them the way they were intended! I would give their true purpose a genuine go, I owed it to the pouches to at least try! I had heard of this way of keeping track of where you spent your money and that it was a great way to stick to a budget. It was great, Heather had me choose what I wanted stamped on the front of each pouch, where I thought my weekly spending would most likely be going. It made the purchase even more personal, these were my pouches and they represented a huge lifestyle change - a Budget! I have somewhat of a simple budget that we work with each month, you know, "we won't spend more than $$____ on eating out or groceries" etc...... We all know how that works out, it isn't until you look back that you realize that you had spent more than planned on pretty much everything! These beautiful zippered pouches that look so sweet and innocent are a force to be reckoned with, they hold you responsible. It still seems like a very simple idea; you put the allocated amount in each pouch and when it is gone, IT IS GONE! "It Is Gone" is a very hard thing to accept sometimes, the other pouches start to look very inviting, but the same goes for each pouch - GONE. That word has gone through my mind on many, many occasions lately. You can begin to play scenarios in your mind how if you borrow this much from here you can then move this much over here to cover that and then you can make up that next week - what??? You see how these pouches work; they make you really see how you waste your money! I plan on putting this new budget in full affect in August, which is fast approaching. I am excited and nervous all at the same time. I am so very ready for this change, I am just having a little bit of self-doubt. Will I be able to stick with it and obey the rules laid out in front of me? Will I be able to handle spending restrictions? Yes, yes I think I can. I am looking forward to this new set of pouch rules and the place it will lead me. I look at these pouches as a new beginning, a step towards our ultimate goal of becoming more self-sufficient and self-responsible. I think this will teach us far more than the obvious. I believe this set of responsibility all zipped up in a neat little pouch is well worth the effort and I strongly urge anyone who is looking for some sort of new start, direction or a stepping stone should get yourself a set of Heathers pouches. The craftsmanship and beauty of them is incentive enough to look forward to all the possibilities that await you! Make sure you stop by "Beauty That Moves" at http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5062150&ref=em , it is worth the visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment