Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Markets are a time to Wish and Enjoy....

I have the opportunity to be part of an amazing group of people who come together every Sunday for the Coventry Farmers Market. I am in awe of the things that these people create and the talent that surrounds me. I would love to be able to spend a week with each of them just to get a feel for their trade, just to learn a sliver of their knowledge, just to watch the grace and perfection that they put into everything that passes through their hands. I wish there were more hours in the day, these things I would love to learn. For now I will have to be thankful that I have the opportunity to obtain these fine items. They make me smile, they make me happy whenever I get to use them. I have my favorites that have become almost somewhat of an obsession!

Sleepy Moon Soap........ where do I begin? These bars have a scent that lures you in, your nose will lead you and you must follow. They are beautiful; almost too beautiful to use but you will use them because the temptation is just too strong. You will want to take a shower the minute you get home! They produce the perfect amount of lather and your skin feels just like the silk that Winter puts into each bar. Scents and colors that go along with the season. Each one reminds me of a yummy piece of candy. Swirls of color, smells that remind you of things close to your heart - how do you choose? I don't walk away with any less than four at a time and the ones I must leave behind, I promise I will return for you! They are, simply put ~ Beautifully Perfect!
Then there is the Pizza from Farm to Hearth........ those beautiful, rounds of crispy, cheesy goodness topped with all those crazy yummy things that just scream "FRESH"!!! Todd, how do you do it - how does that mind of yours work? I would love a look inside and see a glimpse of that creativity. I had the pleasure of eating a Pesto Pizza, I actually had to share it or actually fight over it, with my son who so graciously waited in line to get one. We had heard so many people gush over these pizzas we just had to try one, why not? Oh my!!! It was steaming hot and smelled of heaven, the spicy side of heaven, and we stood there staring waiting to taste; well worth the wait and at the same time shame on us for waiting for so long to give this a try. We had missed out on so many weeks of this wonderful stuff. Gooey salty melted cheese, nutty pesto and that crust, oh that crust! I spend most of my weekdays waiting for Sunday, just to have a slice of heaven! I will add some photos as soon as I can get some....the pizza just does not hang around long enough for a picture!

Then there are the vegetables; colorful and oh so fresh. You can rest assured that you are getting the freshest produce you can find, picked that morning and brought straight to you. If you find something that sparks your interest and you are not sure how to prepare it, just ask. I often find things I want to try but I just don't know what to do with it, so I ask Abby and Bruce. They are the best neighbors I could have ever wished for. This is my first year being part of this wonderful market, so I am learning as I go, but rest assured I look forward to Sundays because of the encouragement I get from my neighbors. They are always full of kind words, encouragement, great conversation and always a bunch of laughs! Besides all that, they have the best produce. They place their veggies in baskets spread across covered tables that look like they are straight out of a magazine page. I swear there is a taste that I get every time I have their salad mix that reminds me of being a kid again, when we would eat right out of our garden. It is a earthy crisp kind-of rain taste. Hard to explain, but I love it. I am lucky enough to be able to "barter" at the end of the market for the vegetables they might have left, they usually sell out pretty early. I am so happy when I see that they have a few things still in their baskets because I am hoping they will be coming home with me for dinner. Yum!!!
I have so many great vendors to mention, I will have to continue this one! Next up Beltane Farms, 18Th Century Purity Farm & La Petite Bakery!

No comments:

Post a Comment