Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Soup....

This is just a quick post about the best soup I have made! My children devoured it and I thought I would share the recipe with you!

Very Veggie Soup

4 cups of chicken stock
1 cup of water
dash of salt & pepper to taste
2 Sprigs of fresh Dill
2 medium heads of broccoli - cut into florets
1 medium head of cauliflower - cut into florets
2 cups of baby spinach - course chop
2 small turnips - cubed
2 parsnips - cubed
2 medium carrots - cubed
1 celery stalk - chopped
1 medium potato - cubed
1 medium onion - sliced
1 small leak - chopped
1 cup of Israeli Couscous

Add all ingredients to a large pot and bring to a boil for 5 minutes. Lower heat to medium for 15 - 20 minutes (or until potatoes & carrots are cooked) Add cooked chicken, turkey or sausage if you would like.

I love making this soup when I have a bunch of veggies in my fridge to use up. I serve it with flour tortillas cut into wedges, brushed with olive oil and sprinkled with Parmesan cheese then baked in the oven while the soup cooks.

No comments:

Post a Comment