Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Easy Peesy Granola Balls!!!

I wanted to share this great recipe for a nice simple and pretty healthy Granola Balls! I made these tonight with RAVE reviews from my family!! I made these treats because they are perfect for my child's lunch box and my kids had a ball helping me make them.

Makes about 12

Ingredients

2 cups organic old-fashioned rolled oats

1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut

1/2 cup creamy all natural peanut butter

1/2 cup honey

1/2 cup trail mix

I used chocolate chips but I figure you can use any thing you would like as far as add-ins! I am going to make a "grown-up" batch with pecans and cranberries!!

Method

Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spread the oats and coconut on a baking sheet. Place in the oven and toast for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned.

Combine the peanut butter and honey in a glass bowl or measuring cup and microwave for about one minute.

Add the toasted oats and coconut to the peanut butter mixture along with the trail mix (if you use chocolate chips wait until it cools a bit more....my chips melted which was fine by us) and stir to combine. Set aside to cool for 10 minutes.

Working with dampened hands or a small ice-cream scoop, shape into 12 one-inch balls and refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.

These are Yummy!! I hope you enjoy!!

1 comment:

  1. Eeeeggggaaaddzzzzzz my mother's gonna love this one! Thank you Tricia, great post. Easy, simple and well laid out - just the way I like'um!
    Hugs,
    Pen

    ReplyDelete